For nearly 20 years, BRTRC has provided technical and administrative services to the Department of Defense (DoD) in the analysis and management of the
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program, as well as the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program, efficiently integrating and
managing diverse capabilities to provide comprehensive training, analysis, outreach, and web-based solution application development for these programs.
BRTRC leverages best practices from our longstanding SBIR/STTR policy, guidance, analysis, and reporting support to the DoD (Office of the
Secretary of Defense (OSD)/Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP)). We provide SBIR/STTR program execution support to the Army, Navy, Air Force,
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, U.S. Special Operations Command, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Chemical Biological Defense, and OSD.
BRTRC SBIR Program Support at a Glance
We provide support to the SBIR Program in various arenas, including:
- Providing primary technical and analytical support to many defense SBIR programs.
- Leveraging best practices from extensive prior and ongoing support of SBIR programs at all levels of the DoD.
- Providing a unique understanding, having grown with the DoD SBIR program from when the budget was $239 million in 1990 to more than $1.3 billion
today and participating organizations have more than doubled.
- Integrating processes effectively by utilizing our vast portfolio of technological services and staff to streamline, automate and lean processes,
which can be tailored to individual programs.
- Bringing experienced personnel with in-depth knowledge of federal and defense regulations, policy, and organizations in small business programs
(including HBCU/MI and Mentor Protégé), technology transition and technology transfer programs, and acquisition programs.
- Providing experienced outreach and conference management specific to Small Business and research and development communities (National
SBIR Conferences, Beyond SBIR Phase II Conferences, Annual Tri-Service SBIR Workshop, Office of Small Business Programs Training Workshop).
- Preparing Congressional testimony and supporting documentation for SBIR/STTR reauthorization sessions (1992, 1997, 2000, 2001, and 2007).
- Conducting Phase III commercialization studies and performing program analysis for the National Academies of Science, Department of Defense,
and Small Business Administration
- Leading DoD's SBIR Program Improvement Initiative to increase the program's success in converting SBIR technologies into affordable,
high-performance products which serve the defense mission needs
Our experienced and comprehensive team approach to supporting SBIR and STTR programs is based on disciplined procedures
that effectively manage full life-cycle processes of the programs.
BRTRC brings years of direct and on-point experience providing the exact staff and support necessary for the SBIR and
STTR programs. Our past performance demonstrates our proven ability to do the work successfully. The length with which we have supported many of
our customers, and the frequency with which our customers request expanded support from us into other areas is further evidence of excellent